Shlomi Katz has been training in martial arts for 28 years and teaching youth and adults, civilians and soldiers for 20 years. He served as the Head of Krav Maga and counter terror training in the LOTAR – the Counter Terror School (CTU) of the IDF. All IDF special forces’ fighters are trained in Krav Maga at the LOTAR. Shlomi specializes in bringing new students to a high level of self- defense skills in a short amount of time. In his training center in Israel, he raised hundreds of martial arts students and top Israeli fighters.
Certificates and Professional Experience
- Former Head of Krav Maga and hand-to-hand combat in the LOTAR – The Counter Terror School (CTU) of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and was a soldier in a Special Forces unit in the IDF.
- Representative and Chief Instructor of Wingate Krav Maga in the United States. (Wingate institute is Israel’s National Centre for Physical Education and Sports)
- Master degree (Black Belt Dan 6) in Meijin kai – Israeli system that combines Krav Maga, Karate and Muay Thai
- Dan 5 in Pankration (MMA) from the International Federation of Pankration
- Raised and trained World Champion in Pankration mmam -Asaf Batan
- Dan 3 in karate Hachi-O-Kai from the head of the international karate association, Takemasa Okuyama
- Trained several national champions in full-contact fighting and world champions in Pankration MMA
- Certified coach in the international Pankration federation
- Certified instructor by Wingate Sports Institute, Israel 1993
- Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi and years of experience in Muay Thai
- Served as the head of the technical committee of the European Federation of Pankration Athlima
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, The Hebrew University, Israel 1998
- MBA and Finance, Ben-Gurion University, Israel 2003
Tomer has vast experience in Krav Maga and MMA. Tomer trained civilians and soldiers in Israel for more than 10 years and joined KravZone in August 2011.
Certificates and Professional Experience
- Former Fighter and Krav Maga instructor in the IDF’s Special Forces Unit
- Holds Black Belt Dan 3 in Meijin Kai, Krav Maga and Karate Full-Contact under Shlomi Katz
- National champion in Meijin Kai and Pankration
- Holds Black Belt in Pankration Mixed Martial Arts from the world federation
- Holds a Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- No-Gi grappling expert, trained in top camps in Brazil and Australia
- Trained two Israeli national champions.
- Certified instructor for Martial Arts, MMA and Krav Maga by the Wingate institution, Israel’s National Centre for Physical Education and Sport.
Guy is a KravZone Black Belt in LOTAR Krav Maga. He is Shlomi’s first Black Belt in California and the 13th worldwide. As a Krav Maga Level 3 certified instructor, he teaches Krav Maga and Kickboxing classes for adults and kids. Guy also studies psychology at UC Berkeley
RobRob is Krav Maga Brown belt under shlomi Kazts and a Krav level 1-2 instructor. Rob start training in martial arts since early ages. He competed in varsity wrestling and train in Tea kwon do under Sensi Huie Dang and Kickboxing with in Rey’s mauy Thai.
Travis LathamTravis is a KravZone Brown belt and Krav Maga level 2 certified instructor. Travis is a CrossFit competitor ranked in the top 10% worldwide. Travis is the director of physical fitness at KravZone and leads the KravFit program. He has over 10 years of experience as a certified personal trainer and is a certified CrossFIt trainer, NASM personal trainer, corrective exercise specialist and performance enhancement specialist.
Dal GemmellDal is a KravZone Brown Belt and Krav Maga Level 1-2 certified instructor. Martial Arts have always been an integral part of Dal‘s life. Growing up, he learned Goju Ryu Karate and Kenpo in Canada. Later as an adult, he studied Aikido in Korea and Northern Praying Mantis Kung-Fu in Taiwan.
Flavio MeireFlavio Meier is a 2 x World Champion and Pan American Champion.Flavio started martial arts with Judo at age 6,then Tae KwonDo at 10 years old (black belt at age 17). Flavio began training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in 1995 under the legendary Ricardo Liborio and awarded his black belt in 2009. Flavio is a traditionalist and loves to teach Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to kids and adults for self-defense, competition or exercise.Notable Titles:• 2014 Nogi World Champion • 2014 SJJIF World Champion• 2014 US Open double gold medal • 2014 San Francisco Open Bronze medal • 2013 Us Open Champion• 2012 Us Open Champion• 2011 Pan Am Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Champion – Gold Medal•2010 American Nationals Brazilian Jiu Jitsu- Gold Medal
• 2010 US Open Brazilian Jiu Jitsu- Gold Medal• 2010 Miami Open Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – Gold Medal