Shlomi Katz has been training in martial arts for 30 years, and teaching youth and adults, civilians and soldiers, for over 25 years. He served as the head of Krav Maga and counter terror training in the LOTAR – the Counter Terror School (CTU) of the IDF. All IDF special forces fighters are trained in Krav Maga at the LOTAR. Shlomi specializes in bringing new students to a high level of self- defense skills in a short amount of time. In his training center in Israel, he raised hundreds of martial arts students and top Israeli fighters.
Certificates and Professional Experience
- Former head of Krav Maga and hand-to-hand combat in the LOTAR – the Counter Terror School (CTU) of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and was a soldier in a special forces unit in the IDF.
- Representative and chief instructor of Wingate Krav Maga in the United States. (Wingate Institute is Israel’s National Centre for Physical Education and Sports)
- Master degree (black belt Dan 7) in meijin Kai – an Israeli system that combines Krav Maga, karate and Muay Thai
- Black Belt Dan 6 in Karv Maga
- Dan 5 in pankration (MMA) from the International Federation of Pankration
- Raised and trained world champion in pankration MMA – Asaf Batan
- Dan 3 in karate Hachi-O-Kai from the head of the International Karate Association, Takemasa Okuyama
- Trained several national champions in full-contact fighting and world champions in pankration MMA
- Certified coach in the International Pankration Federation
- Certified instructor by Wingate Sports Institute, Israel 1993
- Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi and years of experience in Muay Thai
- Served as the head of the technical committee of the European Federation of Pankration Athlima
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, The Hebrew University, Israel 1998
- MBA and Finance, Ben-Gurion University, Israel 2003
Tomer has vast experience in Krav Maga and MMA. Tomer trained civilians and soldiers in Israel for more than 10 years and joined KravZone in August 2011.
Certificates and Professional Experience
- Former fighter and Krav Maga instructor in the IDF’s special forces unit
- Holds black belt Dan 3 in Meijin Kai, Krav Maga and Karate full-contact under Shlomi Katz
- National champion in Meijin Kai and Pankration
- Holds black belt in Pankration MMA from the World Federation
- Holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- No-Gi grappling expert, trained in top camps in Brazil and Australia
- Trained two Israeli national champions
- Certified instructor for martial arts, MMA and Krav Maga by the Wingate Institute; Israel’s National Centre for Physical Education and Sport.
Guy TzarfatiGuy is a KravZone black belt in LOTAR Krav Maga. He is Shlomi’s first black belt in California and the 13th worldwide. As a Krav Maga and MMA instructor, he teaches Krav Maga and kickboxing classes for adults and kids. Guy also holds a BA in psychology from UC Berkeley.
RobRob is Krav Maga Black belt under Shlomi Katz and a Krav level 1-2 instructor. Rob started training in martial arts at an early age. He competed in varsity wrestling and trained in Taekwondo under Sensi Huie Dang and kickboxing with Rey’s Mauy Thai.
Ido NotmanIdo started his training at a very young age under the guidance of Grand Master Avi Abeceedon (Dan 10) and Shlomi Abeceedon (Dan 5).Ido is holding an “Instructor of martial arts in Krav Maga” diploma from the Wingate institute; Israel’s national center for physical education and sports. Ido holds a captain’s rank in the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF); the 84th and the 228th infantry brigade as a platoon commander, deputy assistant
chief of staff and operations, executive officer and a company commander.
Ken PrimolaKen Primola started training in martial arts at the age of 12. Ken started out as a wrestler and finished as a D1 Letterman. Ken initiated his Jiu Jitsu career 15 years ago and is a pan am champion (2008). Ken currently trains Jiu Jitsu under the Caio Terra flag and is a world recognized professor. Other than martial arts, Ken is a direct marketer and a former attorney.
Travis LathamTravis is a KravZone black belt and Krav Maga certified instructor. In 2014 He was a CrossFit competitor ranked in the top 10% worldwide. Travis is the director of physical fitness at KravZone and leads the KravFit program. He has over 10 years of experience as a certified personal trainer and is a certified CrossFIt trainer, NASM personal trainer, corrective exercise specialist and performance enhancement specialist.
Dal is a KravZone brown belt and Krav Maga Level 1-2 certified instructor. Martial arts have always been an integral part of Dal‘s life. Growing up, he learned Goju Ryu Karate and Kenpo in Canada. Later as an adult, he studied Aikido in Korea and Northern Praying Mantis Kung-Fu in Taiwan.